January 17, 2012
AWWI/WGA Webinars on GIS-Based Tools for Renewable Energy Development
Three Webinars presenting state-of-the-art GIS-based tools for renewable energy development including AWWI’s Landscape Assessment Tool are now available online.
These tools are featured at the Workshop on GIS-Based Tools for Renewable Energy Development convened jointly by the Western Governors’ Association (WGA) and AWWI on January 18-19, 2012 in Denver, Colorado. During the workshop, GIS experts, spatial system developers, renewable energy experts, and other stakeholders will discuss the use of such tools for renewable energy development and assess their strengths and weaknesses.
We invite you to listen to the Webinar recordings or link to individual presentations.
-- Monday, January 9: http://awwi.adobeconnect.com/p6sz4xm6bxt/
- California Wind Decision-Support Model: Jerre Stallcup, Conservation Biology Institute
- Kansas Biological Survey Natural Resource Planner: Mike Houts, Kansas Biological Survey
- Southern Great Plains Crucial Habitat Assessment Tool: Mike Houts, Kansas Biological Survey
- Marine Map & SeaSketch: Evan Paul, University of California Santa Barbara
-- Tuesday, January 10: http://awwi.adobeconnect.com/p4hobfddbbw/
- LandScope America: Lori Scott, NatureServe
- NatureServe Vista: Ian Varley, NatureServe
- California Areas of Conservation Emphasis: Steve Goldman, California Department of Fish and Game
- Western Regional Partnership Web Mapping Application: Gabe Lovasz, DoD Western Regional Partnership / ManTech Intl. Corporation
-- Thursday, January 12: http://awwi.adobeconnect.com/p1v15bqh5b5/
- Wyoming Interagency Spatial Database & Online Management System (WISDOM): Jeff Hamerlinck, Wyoming Geographic Information Science Center, Univ. of Wyoming
- Montana Crucial Areas Planning System: Bill Daigle, Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks
- American Wind Wildlife Institute (AWWI) Landscape Assessment Tool: Taber Allison, AWWI
- Arizona HabiMap: Matt Bullock, Arizona Game and Fish Department
- Regional Transmission Expansion Planning Process: Dan Moreno, ICF International
For links to individual presentations and additional information click here.