The Wind Wildlife Research Fund is an industry-led initiative that provides funding to advance the research necessary for solutions to wind-wildlife impacts in 2019 and beyond.
By working together, industry and others are supporting research to:
- Implement new, cutting-edge projects and high-impact results
- Apply science-based solutions to address top priority wind-wildlife challenges
- Leverage investment and reduce costs for expanding responsibly sited and operated wind energy
The Fund is endorsed by the American Wind Energy Association Board of Directors and housed within the American Wind Wildlife Institute.
Wind Wildlife Research Fund Projects in 2019
- Refining curtailment practices for eagles and bats
- Enhancing understanding of bat activities and fatalities
- Improving fatality monitoring for raptors
- Evaluating habitat-based impacts for grouse
Results are scheduled for fall 2019. Reports will undergo peer review and ultimately be submitted for publication.
2020 and Beyond
In May of 2019, the Fund released a Request for Proposals for future projects. Following peer review, Fund leaders will set priorities and raise funds to support the highest priority projects.
Learn More About the Fund
Contact AWWI Executive Director Abby Arnold at firstname.lastname@example.org.