The Wind Wildlife Research Fund is an industry-led initiative that provides funding to advance the research necessary for solutions to wind-wildlife impacts in 2020 and beyond.
By working together, industry and others are supporting research to:
- Implement new, cutting-edge projects and high-impact results
- Apply science-based solutions to address top priority wind-wildlife challenges
- Leverage investment and reduce costs for expanding responsibly sited and operated wind energy
The Fund is endorsed by the American Wind Energy Association Board of Directors and housed within the American Wind Wildlife Institute.
Wind Wildlife Research Fund Projects
- Enhancing Understanding of Bat and Bird Activities and Fatality Risk
- Refining Smart Curtailment Practices for Bats
- Refining Eagle Fatality Estimates and Informed Curtailment
- Evaluating Habitat-Based Impacts for Grouse
The first project results are undergoing peer and expert review and will be published beginning in spring of 2020.
Learn More About the Fund
Contact AWWI Executive Director Abby Arnold at email@example.com.