The Wind Wildlife Research Fund is an industry-led initiative that provides funding to advance the research necessary for solutions to wind-wildlife impacts in 2020 and beyond.
By working together, industry and others are supporting research to:
- Implement new, cutting-edge projects and high-impact results
- Apply science-based solutions to address top priority wind-wildlife challenges
- Leverage investment and reduce costs for expanding responsibly sited and operated wind energy
The Fund is endorsed by the American Wind Energy Association Board of Directors and housed within the American Wind Wildlife Institute.
Wind Wildlife Research Fund Projects
- Enhancing Understanding of Bat and Bird Activities and Fatality Risk
- Refining Smart Curtailment Practices for Bats
- Refining Eagle Fatality Estimates and Informed Curtailment
- Evaluating Habitat-Based Impacts for Grouse
The first project results, on grouse and bats, are now available.
Request for Proposals (RFP) 2021
The Wind Wildlife Research Fund has released a Request for Proposals (RFP) for new bat research projects to start in early 2021. The Fund seeks research projects designed to increase our understanding of bat behavior and ecology that influences temporal, spatial, and interspecific variation in collision risk and response to minimization strategies.
Learn More About the Fund
Contact AWWI Executive Director Abby Arnold at email@example.com.