The Wind Wildlife Research Fund is an industry-led initiative that provides funding to advance the research necessary for solutions to wind-wildlife impacts in 2020 and beyond.
By working together, industry and others are supporting research to:
- Implement new, cutting-edge projects and high-impact results
- Apply science-based solutions to address top priority wind-wildlife challenges
- Leverage investment and reduce costs for expanding responsibly sited and operated wind energy
The Fund is endorsed by the American Wind Energy Association Board of Directors and housed within the American Wind Wildlife Institute.
Wind Wildlife Research Fund Projects in 2019
- Refining curtailment practices for eagles and bats
- Enhancing understanding of bat activities and fatalities
- Improving fatality monitoring for raptors
- Evaluating habitat-based impacts for grouse
Reports are undergoing peer and expert review and results will be published beginning in early 2020.
2020 and Beyond
The Fund received 47 proposals in response to a Request for Proposals for research projects beginning in 2020. Fund leaders have selected priority projects and are raising and allocating funds to advance this critical research. Check back soon for more details on 2020 projects.
Learn More About the Fund
Contact AWWI Executive Director Abby Arnold at email@example.com.